Our own Dan Farmer received some great news yesterday: Industry standard-bearer Foodservice Equipment Reports magazine announced it had awarded him the honor of their first Young Lion’s Award, 2012-2013. Dan will join five other rising stars in the foodservice equipment industry at the magazine’s awards ceremony on February 8, 2013 in Orlando.
The awards are meant to recognize the young talent who are already making an impact on the future of the foodservice and supplies industry, targeting the next generation of innovators.
The full roster of award winners include:
- Service Agent – Dan Farmer, Fixxbook Inc., Albertson, N.Y.
- Dealer – Brad Pierce, Restaurant Equipment World, Orlando, Fla.
- Manufacturers’ Rep – Chris Folz, The Redstone Group, Englewood, Colo.
- Consultant – Eric Norman, MVP Services Group, Chicago, Ill.
- Commercial Operator – Ryan DeSimone, Bloomin’ Brands, Tampa, Fla.
- Noncommercial Operator – Steve Cerullo, Geisinger Healthcare, Danville, Pa.
We are extremely proud of Dan, considering the strict criteria set up by the judges. Industry experts from the Foodservice Equipment Distributors Association, the Foodservice Consultants Society International, the Manufacturers’ Agents Association for the Foodservice Industry as well as the Commercial Food Equipment Service Association all lend the know-how and experience necessary to make these awards truly peer-reviewed honors.
“We’re very excited to recognize these talented and dedicated young industry professionals,” said FER Publisher Robin Ashton, in making the announcement. “They set a wonderful example for other young people entering the E&S business.” Ashton also thanked the associations and the Advisory Boards for their help.
You can read the magazine’s announcement on their website here:
Do you know someone who’s making a difference in our industry? We’d love to hear about them.
And if you know Dan, please join us in congratulating him.